Friday, May 24, 2013

Sweating it out!

It is absolutely no consolation that there are places in this world with worse weather, or that there are people on the streets right here who have no choice but to be walking the streets in this heat while I am at home, with the option of switching on the AC. I don't like to switch on the AC in the day because then I don't feel like stepping out of the room for anything, and it's something I don't want to get too used to. But of course, most of the days my resolve dissolves with the heat and humidity. Right now it's about 32 deg C outside and a humidity level of over 66%. No matter how many times you shower, by the time you put on your clothes, you are drenched in sweat again.

I was talking to my Mom the other day and we were discussing how none of the months of the year offers any respite from uncomfortable weather these days. Summer is too hot; monsoon is too humid, damp and dirty; winter is too dry and not cool enough.

Weather patterns are changing everywhere and not for the best. Rains are delayed, or they come too soon, or too hard. Drought situations in some parts, floods in others.

Normal is not something you can classify any more. Normal doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment