Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's the Thought that Counts

Store bought gifts are good when you know the person wants something particular. But when gifting, always buy what the receiver would appreciate, not what you like. I know a lot of people buy something they like and then gift it to someone thinking, "If I liked it, I'm sure everyone else will too." Hence, the birth of re-gifting and returns.

Then there are people who are difficult to shop for. Adults can just as well buy most of what they want (and can afford) so they would appreciate something that can't be bought. It doesn't have to be something crafty; it could just be a memorable experiences. A good experience is a cherished gift. A surprise party at their favourite restaurant, a meal cooked from scratch, or just a day spent together on a picnic.

I for one am tired of things that deplete my closet space.

UPDATE:

No comments:

Post a Comment