Saturday, May 7, 2011

Boredom Breeds Creativity

Husband's away for the weekend for a conference and I didn't feel like working. Thankfully, I work from home and it allows me a little flexibility with regards to how I manage my time. My social life does suffer since I don't get to interact with people face-to-face, but it is a compromise I'm more than willing to make.

So I went looking for something to do around the house and decided to do something with two wooden canisters I've had for a while now that have been withering away in some corner unused. So I got out my craft basket, switched on the TV, and set to work.

A plain old canvas is what I had to start with. I love natural finishes, but somehow this look wasn't working as the canisters just faded in the background.

I wanted something to go with my multi-coloured living room that has orange and pink as it's core colours (and doesn't look girly at all). I used my set of acrylic colour set that I've had for the longest time now! So all my artwork kind of seems to tie in with similar colour themes from the same box! (Example: See the two paintings at the bottom of this post.)

The other one I wanted in purple, just because I felt like it. It turned out decent as well. I need to practice on getting my hand to be steady though. It's only so many times that I can blame a clogged tube of paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment