Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini Celebration

I weighed in today...I've lost 1 whole kg. YAY!

Celebrated by sharing a piece of sweet with Rummy who has perfect control over his diet - except when he smells chicken...then he goes berserk!

Starting from my current 68.8kgs, my target weight is 55kgs based on my 5ft3in height. After that we tone and maintain. The journey never ends .

It's funny when I hear my parents and their parents say that when they were young it was unthinkable that someone would need to reduce their food intake. Lack of unhealthy options kept everyone (well...almost everyone) in their ideal weight zone. At one point I was nicknamed 'Cigarette' because of my cylindrical shape. Then we discovered pizzas and burgers and Oh! the French fries...all delivered to your doorstep.

I know someone who has given up all junk (read: yummy) food including chocolate since she couldn't bear the thought of all that unnecessary food in her system. I think it is safe to assume I will never get to that stage. The most I can do is make an extra effort to have home cooked food (including home made pizzas and burgers with lots of veggies and minimal oil), and then wait for the weekend to indulge, just a little bit. Then on Monday, sweat it out for an extra 30 minutes to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment